Chicago is one of the world’s most livable cities, with an energy uniquely its own. The Civic Committee lives at the center of that energy.
Born from Commercial Club of Chicago, we are a private, not-for-profit organization of senior executives of the region's largest employers. We work hand-in-hand with public officials and other civic organizations for the social and economic well-being of our region.
We undertake a wide array of projects, which are viewed as game-changing efforts. These projects change over time and currently include efforts to:
- restore Illinois to fiscal stability
- improve the educational system in Chicago and offer desperately needed opportunities and choices for Chicago's schoolchildren and their families
- solidify our city’s position as a global transportation hub
- help organizations be veteran-friendly employers
- help connect employers with Chicago's untapped neighborhood workforce
We also work alongside the organizations we created to tackle key issues head-on:
- The Civic Consulting Alliance, builds pro bono teams of business experts, government leaders and its own professional staff to work on transformative public sector challenges, such as improving schools, reducing crime, improving health care and making our region more affordable and globally competitive.
- New Schools for Chicago, which champions school choice.
-- all to create a better Chicago for every person and every business who calls this city home.